Well, today we had a lazy start. We've all been staying up late with my parents here, so today we just had a slow start. We got up and got ready and then I did a little straightening up that's been going undone with them here. By the time I got some pancakes made it was 9:30! We ate, and you called. It was good to hear that you are having some luck with house hunting. It will be fun to come out and look with you.
After breakfast my parents took off for home. It was sad to see them go. I have really enjoyed having them here. It was so much less lonely(I know it sounds crazy, I shouldn't feel that way with four kids around!) We are so glad they came down and spent those few days with us. Love them!
So the rest of the day was spent cleaning up a bit and just hanging out. The kids were industrious with their time and build a huge fort in the back yard out of patio chairs and blankets. It was really pretty cool.
Then about three o'clock I couldn't stand being at home any longer. So we got down the kites my parents gave the boys for Christmas and we headed to the park. The kites flew great and the boys had so much fun.
Michaels kite struggled to stay up. I think it was a stunt plane. It kept taking nose dives for the ground!
Kambree even took a turn holding the string. But Blake didn't like it too much. The wind really was strong on those kites and you could feel it in the handle.
Anyway, after flying kites we headed to target to get the kids Ernest Goes to Camp/Ernest Goes to Jail. They keep asking if they can watch it on Netflix, but Netflix doesn't have it and neither does Redbox. So I figured for 7.50 it was a good buy. I'm sure they will watch it plenty!
I also got me a book. Maybe that will help my Sunday pass faster.
Then the kids played with friends for a while, we had dinner and now they are watching their new movie. Should be a quiet night around here.
Love ya and hope you had a great day too!
Kambree even took a turn holding the string. But Blake didn't like it too much. The wind really was strong on those kites and you could feel it in the handle.
I also got me a book. Maybe that will help my Sunday pass faster.
Then the kids played with friends for a while, we had dinner and now they are watching their new movie. Should be a quiet night around here.
Love ya and hope you had a great day too!
3 comments:
I am glad the kites worked. As we drove past the Church on the way home yesterday I saw a fellow and his little daughter out on the field trying to fly the kite. He couldn't get them to fly and there was quite a bit of wind - maybe too much wind. I was worried that they wouldn't fly. Oh, we had so much fun there. I love being with your children - and you, of course. Dad
We loved every minute we were there! You have such a sweet family and we feel loved whenever we come. Thank you Carson for always so sweetly sharing your bedroom with us! We will be down again soon! Jennifer, you are a wonderful daughter. Thank you for good food, laughture and recipes! I love you - mom
Your parents really are the best! I think they are spotlighted in every one of your siblings' blogs because they are always visiting all of their children! I didn't even know about your exciting news that you are moving! I know Jenny is thrilled :)
Your kids are adorable! Hopefully we can see you at a Wilkinson get-together before you guys head out!
xoxo
Post a Comment